So. Today we went to the Basilica of the Immaculate Conception. If you don't know what a basilica is, go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basilica . It's ten pages, as I found out yesterday when Grandma had me google it. Oh well, free paper at the hotel.
The basilica is AWESOME!!!!! There are 136 altars there, and probably 60 shrines of Mary. We went on a pilgrimage, where we visited 4 chapels: Our Lady of Guadalupe, Our Lady of Pompei, Our Lady Queen of Ireland, and Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal. They do one at 1500 on the third Saturday of each month, so if you are going to be there on that date, I would highly suggest taking that full day for the Basilica. There is a cafe downstairs (a meal under $50!), and the "Crypt Church" (the little one)-still about as big as Sacred Heart. We went to Mass there before the pilgrimage.
And they have a book store. Gaaa! Too much goodness!
And, that's it.
Actually, I'm sure there's something else, I just can't remember what it is.
PS: If you try to post a comment about wanting me to post pictures like my Mom does, I will hunt you down and make you look at all 800 pictures Grandpa and I took, 4000 times. And I will laugh in your face.
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Show us the pictures already!!
ReplyDelete